Friday, May 30, 2008

Breaking It Down

Since I'm sure I'll be accused of "stalking" Lee and Chelsea, I'll break it down on how I found a ton of information about both of them, all from reading Lee's current journal entries, and all within the last few minutes.

This entry here is public. Being a good internet detective, I Googled "BuckeyeLee" with the quotes. It brought me to this xanga blog. What's that in the side bar there? Why more personal information! The first is a Yahoo Profile for CaliforniaLee. That brings us to a link of a Geocities site.

Now, the Yahoo profile and Geocities sites are not at any issue here, even though Lee puts his full, real name in the Yahoo Profile. What's at issue? The Xanga site. Why? On that sidebar alone, I found Lee's AIM (MrSpazLI), his email address/MSN info (leeitson@hotmail.com) and a tasty little tidbit: There is no Lee Itson. Lee's First name? Ellis. Ellis Itson. I would not have even known that if he had not voluntarily put it in his Yahoo profile or linked to that Yahoo profile from his other username. Personally, I'd search for "OhioLee" if I wanted to truly "stalk" him on Yahoo. But he made it simple.

This is how people "stalk you" online. Smart people who know just what to put in Google and how to put it in there. You leave little clues all over your public journal entries and the smarter people who dislike you find all of these things that you have voluntarily put on the internet under the false pretense that no one will be smart enough to find them. There is no better source than yourselves when it comes to finding you guilty online. If you want to throw stones, besure you have replace the glass panes of your house with plastic. Or plexiglass.